Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

New Beginnings

I've created a new blog in honor of my new beginnings with diabetes. I expressed today how this journey into vocalizing my latent feelings regarding diabetes feels like being diagnosed all over again, because I don't believe I ever really went through that "mourning" period properly. Those emotions got pushed down or away, only bubbling up in sporadic bursts that were quickly suppressed again. It sometimes feels as if my insides are churning...trying to turn the bitterness of my years of noncompliance, the sourness of potential complications, and the sweetness of taking control of the situation into something palatable. Or even just tolerable. And even though I am motivated by my newfound control and sudden energy secondary to normal glucose levels....it is an exhausting endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. Seven months belatedly... welcome to the dblogging world and ever-expanding DOC! Can't wait to catch up on your posts. It's really an exhilarating feeling to be exposed to so many in a community who truly "get it." Glad to have you sharing here, Shara!

    ReplyDelete