Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Finally Pumped Up!

So I let two months go by without a word here. And so much has transpired! I went to Africa for 2 weeks at the end of January and managed to pay more attention to my diabetes there than ever. I realized that my vacation would be so much more enjoyable if I wasn't so consumed with drinking water and finding places to pee. I ended up doing 5-6 readings per day to make that happen, and I didn't mind one bit.
And through it all, I started to appreciate how the pump could really help me. I still do not love the idea that I will have this tangle of tubing hanging off of me, and worrying how to conceal it...especially when I already have enough body issues to deal with on a daily basis. But I will deal with it.
So I submitted by pump papers and got word that my insurance plan covers it all. Now I'm just waiting on my doctor to send some information back to the pump people and one final round of insurance approval and the pump will be all mine! I actually feel excited about it. Never in a million years did I think I'd be saying that...I've come a long way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment